Product Manager (Crawlera)
Scrapinghub is looking for a Product Manager to join our Crawlera team.
Crawlera is a smart downloader designed specifically for web crawling and scraping. It allows crawler developers to crawl quickly and reliably by managing thousands of proxies internally. It is part of the Scrapinghub platform, the world’s most comprehensive web crawling stack which powers crawls of over 4 billion pages a month.
Your key responsibilities will be to achieve the team’s business goals, revenue growth and cost efficiencies.
Due to business requirements, only candidates within a European timezone will be considered.
- Review usage logs, review customer metrics (including billing data), and talk directly to customers in order to identify opportunities and compare those opportunities to one another.
- In conjunction with the team’s Tech Lead, prioritize the development work for each Sprint (this team currently runs one week sprints) and work with the development team to ensure each Sprint’s objectives are met.
- Use numbers to drive results: measure and report on all initiatives
- Bring resources together from different teams to ensure we’re both hitting the business intent and doing it as efficiently as possible. You’re constantly looking for ways to reduce scope.
- You’ve done this job before and have a concrete history of getting results
- Are proficient in both excellent written and spoken English
- Believe that a project isn’t complete when the software is released; the results are what matter and you fine-tune to hit the intent rather than immediately moving to the next feature.
- Have a pragmatic, numbers-based approach to prioritization. A strong background in statistical analysis.
- Have a strong general knowledge of Linux/UNIX, HTTP, and Networking, as well as a familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.